The holiday season may be over, but another season will soon be upon us. That’s right, Awards Season, when the best of movies, music, and television capture our attention once again. Whether you’re hosting a full-blown viewing soiree or just a small gathering of friends in front of the TV, make sure to serve your favorite pizza(s) from Block Pizza. Here’s a handy 2016 Awards Season schedule, along with our suggestions for the best pizzas for each occasion:
Golden Globes and Gobs of Gold
– On Sunday, January 10, the 73rd Annual Golden Globes will be broadcast live from the Beverly Hilton. And while this awards ceremony is known for being a little more loose and lively than the Oscars, there’s still no shortage of glamour and excitement. For your Golden Globes viewing pleasure, order a pizza with mounds of golden cheese, such as our halal-certified mozzarella, parmesan, and cheddar.
SAG Awards and a S.A.G. Pie
– Next up, the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on Saturday, January 30. Less watched by the public but no less important to the film and television actors and actresses who are lauded by their peers, sit back and enjoy this awards ceremony with a S.A.G. pizza—that is, a pizza topped with Sausage, Artichokes, and Green olives. Add your favorite cheese to the mix and you’ve got a sure winner.
BAFTAs and Bacon, Lots of Bacon
– Never heard of the BAFTAs? Not to worry. The British Academy Film Awards on Sunday, February 14, may or may not be televised in the U.S. (check your local listings or try streaming it online). But if you happen to have a stake in the British film industry, soothe your nervous butterflies on this important evening with a delicious beef bacon-topped pizza. After all, bacon makes everything better (including a BAFTA!).
The Grammy Awards and a Pop of Garlic
– Take a break from the movies and check out the 58th Annual Grammy Awards on Monday, February 15, where the best in musical entertainment will be awarded at the Staples Center. As rock, pop, and country music stars vie for album of the year, chow down on a pizza made with white garlic alfredo sauce. If you haven’t tried this outstanding sauce already, we promise it’ll be music in your mouth.
The Oscars and the Longest Speech
– And finally, the 88th Annual Academy Awards, otherwise known as the Oscars, on Sunday, February 28, at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles. Full of long speeches thanking the Academy, you may as well get in on the pomp and circumstance by making a speech of your own—when ordering your pizza. How to do this? Mention everything: marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella and cheddar, perhaps some sausage and pepperoni, tandoori chicken, too…oh, and don’t forget the peppers and onions…and what would your pizza be without mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives? Our orchestra won’t cut you off, we promise.
Check out The Hollywood Reporter’s awards calendar
for a list of all the scheduled events this year. And visit Block Pizza today for the best pizza in Downers Grove. View our full menu.