Getting a little tired of the same old thing on your pizza? Do you always go for pepperoni, but wonder if there’s something else out there? Wishing for a pizza you haven’t thought of before? As creatures of habit, it’s sometimes easy to overlook all the different ways to top a pizza. And a dizzying array of available toppings on a menu can make any of us, well, dizzy. So turn your next Block Pizza order into a unique masterpiece with these creative ideas and great combinations
of pizza toppings:
- Quattro Formaggio – Are you a cheese lover? A serious cheese lover? If so, start with marinara sauce and add four cheeses of your choice from the menu, then finish it off with a sprinkling of fresh basil. Skip the meat and veggies altogether to enjoy this heavenly mostly-cheese concoction.
- New York Style White Pizza – Simplicity at its finest. Go for a garlic alfredo sauce and add nothing more than shredded mozzarella and oregano. Then before digging in, make sure to drizzle the pizza with some olive oil for that final perfect touch.
- Cheese Burger Pizza – In the mood for pizza and a burger? Why not have both? Order this pizza with marinara sauce, then add beef, bacon, red onion, and shredded cheddar cheese. Your cheese burger pizza is not complete without chopped tomatoes on top (and a little iceburg lettuce, if you have it handy).
- Harvest Vegetables Pizza – If you’re looking for a healthier option, order this veggie pizza with a pesto sauce, shredded mozzarella, and the roasted vegetable blend on the menu. Guilt-free pizza. Who doesn’t love that?
- Greek Pizza – It’s time to go Greek! A close cousin of Block Pizza’s Mediterranean, this pizza is tastily created with garlic alfredo sauce, and then topped with spinach, artichoke quarters, black olives, chopped tomatoes, and feta cheese. And don’t forget the oregano, the essential Greek ingredient.
- Chicken and Green Chile Pie – Part south-of-the-border, part chicken extravaganza, this pizza is probably unlike anything you’ve tried before. Choose a green pesto sauce and spice it up with some sliced jalapeno peppers. Then complete the dream with black olives, red onions, roasted chicken, shredded mozzarella, and shredded cheddar. Add a little cilantro and there you have it.
Block Pizza in Downers Grove has plenty of other combinations on the menu
as well. Check out Signature Pizzas such as Caprese, Tandoori Chicken, and Block Meets the Meats, to name a few—available in both individual and family sizes. Always serving Halal-style pizza, you can count on this local favorite for the pizza you crave.